We’ve all been there: that stoner moment where our cravings for pizza and cake reach epic (and equal) proportions.
Lucky for all of us, there’s a divine happy medium. It’s called pizza cake, and you can make it from the comfort of your own kitchen.
All you need is:
+1 bag of premade raw pizza dough
+1.5 cups of tomato sauce
+3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
+1 cup toppings of your choice (ex: pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
+1 tbsp butter
+A tall-sided cake pan
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Light up a blunt.
2. Roll out the dough. Then, using a small plate as your guide, cut five circular rounds out from the dough. They should look like this:
3. Put the five cutout circles on a cookie sheet, then bake them for eight minutes.
4. Line your pan with parchment paper, then cut one more long strip of dough that’s a little bit taller than the pan. Lay that strip over the pan, leaving one end open. There should be a small amount of dough remaining at the top.
5. Set one of your part-baked crusts down inside the pan. Then, make a pizza!
6. Repeat that three times, sprinkling the sauce, cheese, and toppings as you like.
7. Fold that remaining dough from Step #4 over the top of the pizza cake, creating one final crust.
8. Bake the whole shebang for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees. Let it cool, then enjoy.
You’re officially a professional stoner chef!
[Image: Christine Marsala via ABC News]